Monday 30 June 2014

Back again!

For anyone reading this blog especially after my enamelware was featured in July's edition of Homes&Antiques, thank you and apologies that I have been very remiss at not writing here for a long time. I tend now to post news and information about fairs and markets that I'm doing on Twitter and Facebook. You can find me as Enamelama on both sites. I'm just back home after a wonderful family holiday in Majorca so feeling rejuvenated. I'll be back at Old Spitalfields Antique Market this Thursday and I'll be at Hackney Flea Market in Stoke Newington this Saturday so I'm busy getting new stock ready for both of these events. I've got some great milk bottles with advertising on them, wonderful for serving the obvious milk in or as a vase for a small bunch of flowers. Also I've got the last few Kilner jars which are great used for storage if you don't want to use them to preserve your own fruit etc. On the enamel front, I have some beautiful coffee and tea pots in a great variety of colours. Another interesting new find is a trio of saucepans which are cream n green, made by the company Judge, a well known English producer of enamel ware. They are triangular shaped and fit together to form a circular shape which fit together on one ring of a cooker. A very clever invention which allows you to cook three different things on one source of heat. I'm also looking forward to the next North London Vintage Market in Crouch End, a great place to find amazing items from Kitchenalia, china to furniture, clothes to record players and jewellery to fabrics. It is normally held on the first weekend of every month except August but this month it is on 19th July. Do try to come along. There's great food too and this month there will be a dog show in aid of North London Hospice. If you're reading this and you don't live in or near London, if you are interested in any items that I may have or could find for you, please get in touch with me and I'll do my best to help you. Meanwhile I'm off to search out some more treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment